Friday, April 27, 2012

In laws and crossroads


WELL.... it has been a tough week.  First let me ask the question.." How do you get along with someone who doesn't choose to let the other person in and has a guard up all the time because of your past?"   My dearest mother in law has made it clear she doesn't trust me because of my past.  AND so im at a crossroads. Ben and I have come to a point where its his mother or me.   He has chosen me and to stand and support me. Which i appreciate but all the same. it should not have gotten to this point where there had to be an ultimatum to make any of us feel supported.. i dont feel that he should HAVE to choose. Im sorry that Kristin cant just accept me for me. And know that i have changed completely . Over the last few days i have pondered that in order to change, you YOURSELF have got to change and be willing to change. I personally have changed my attitude about my past and have accepted it. No one can live in the moment or hope for the future and proceed without letting go and living just for the now.  But if the past keeps getting brought up of course there is going to be hell especially if i feel judged.  Believe it or not, we do choose our thoughts. We may habitually think the same thought over and over so that it doesn't seem as if were choosing the thought but we did make the original choice.  I also realized that the road to freedom is through the doorway to forgiveness. We may not know how to forgive and we may not want to forgive but if were willing to forgive we may beging the healing process to a better happier inner peace. Im not saying that is all right that someone behaved in a misguided way, however we must be aware that the past is over. we only carry the hurt and the memory in our mind.  is is what we want to let go of. the pain were continuing to cause ourselves because we wont forgive.   I find that the resentment criticism, guilt and fear cause most of the problems in ourselves and in our lives.  these feelings come from blaming others and not taking responsibility for our own experiences.   whatever is happening " out there" is only a mirror of our own inner thinking.   I have accepted that i have not been the most perfect human being and i have made many mistakes. but that doesn't show who i am nor should i be judged none the less.  I am me. I am family. We have all got to accept each others qualities and move on. It is becoming childish and i will not stand for that to be around my sons.   Hatred consumes. I choose to forgive but i choose not to respect unless i feel i have been seen for who i am instead of what i was.