Friday, December 6, 2013

Snow and Cheer

My favorite time of the year is here!  Although i'm sure all of you know how much i despise the snow, i love the feeling of cheer and love around Christmas.  I sure do love it.  I couldn't help it, i put up the decorations on thanksgiving.  Seemed to fit perfectly, that day is so quiet and so i decided while we waited for dinner we would do Christmas stuff :)  I'm not one of those types of people who wait a week in advance to put up a tree, lights etc... i'm really not.  I always think those types of people really don't understand how dumb that is, because all that work of hurrying to put everything up, it will have to go down the next week.... and than that's more work...


I totally forgot that i had to do a quick lesson this last Sunday... i winged it and it went okay :) I sure do love that calling. I'm glad i get to encourage others and help those in need and teach.

Shiloh and Jasper love the snow.. Shiloh HATES wearing gloves... yet he learns the hard way, that snow is cold and it burns when you touch snow..so he cried for a good ten minutes until his hands warned up inside... he still to this day, hates gloves...sigh...


Jasper loves the sparkly snow.  I love watching him do snow angels.  He is doing well in preschool.  I am so grateful for him being able to go there. He learns so much and just loves it there. Making friends his age and learning how to share and love and he loves to make the crafts there.  The $110.00 we pay a month for that place is WELL worth it. His and Shiloh's education ALWAYS comes first.
  He came home with a decoration he made. Such a little blessing.  He was so happy about it!  i'm so glad he just loves it.  We do too.

I am so grateful for friends. I was shoveling our driveway, and my back totally felt like it split in half.. I called Sister Loftis, and being the doll she is, came over within five minutes and snow blew our driveway,  i looked outside and saw also the man two houses up who i only talk to and wave too. He was doing the slush outside on my road/driveway with his snow blower, i later went to him and said thank you in person, and he said " you are always just so nice to me and never judge us because we smoke, i saw you shoveling and was going to come help you anyways"  I am so grateful for my dear neighbors and friends.  

Traffic was so bad this one day when it snowed all day, that it took Ben two hours to get home,  from Murray. He got here at 8:00PM.  Ben took this photo.






Only in Bountiful you will see this... i guess this is one way to put up a tree....

I was outside tending to the chickens and I saw this cute face.

MAKING GINGERBREAD COOKIES!  THEY HAD SO MUCH FUN AND MADE SUCH A MESS....